Brig Your admission
If you have any questions in advance about your upcoming hospital stay, we will be happy to help you on +41 27 604 33 33.
Your admission to the hospital will be discussed with your attending physician. As a rule, inpatient admissions tend to take place in the afternoon, outpatient admissions in the morning from 07:00.
Please come to our patient reception on the first floor at the time agreed with your doctor.
After your registration and various formalities, you will be picked up by the staff of the department and accompanied to your room. The nurses of the department who will be taking care of you will introduce themselves to you by name and function and will inform you about the daily routine, the operation of the ward, upcoming interventions, etc. during the admission interview. Do not hesitate to inform your treatment team of your concerns, wishes or questions upon admission. If you have a so-called living will, please inform your attending physician about it at an early stage.
If it is stated that you must be fasting on admission to hospital, you must not eat, drink or smoke for 6 hours beforehand.
If you are admitted as an emergency, the formalities are kept to a minimum. However, the necessary documents must be submitted subsequently by you or a relative to the patient admission office as soon as possible.
You will find lots of helpful information and tips on your hospital admission and stay under "Das Spitalzentrum Oberwallis von A bis Z".
Information concerning your arrival
In order to facilitate your admission, we would be grateful if you would provide the following documents:
- Doctor’s request for admission.
- Official ID.
- Insurance card from your public health insurance fund or from your insurance company (for patients who are privately insured).
- Accident insurance card (if you have one).
- Blood group card.
- Vaccination certificate.
- Allergy passport (if you have one).
- Anticoagulation card (if you have one).
- Radiographies and laboratory analyses.
Unfortunately, there is limited space available in the rooms. Please only bring with you the personal belongings that are indispensable for your stay in hospital:
- Toiletries (you will be provided with towels)
- Comfortable slippers
- Pyjamas or nightgown
- Sportswear, indoor outfit or dressing gown
- Personal medicines or a list of these
- Books or magazines
- Headphones and/or portable music player if you want to listen to the radio or to music.
- No deposit is required if you are resident in Switzerland and affiliated to a Swiss insurance company. The same applies if you have a payment guarantee.
- Single room: a deposit will be required.
Private and semi-private ward
- A deposit will be required if your insurance company does not guarantee payment for the private or semi-private ward. More information is available from the following number: +41 27 604 20 12.
Foreign patients from the European Community
- A down payment will be required if you do not have your European card.
Foreign patients from outside the European Community
- A down payment will be required.
Money and valuable objects
Please leave any jewellery, large amounts of money or any other valuable object at home. The hospital will not accept any responsibility if you decide to keep them in your room. You may use our safe if necessary. If you wish to use this service, please mention this at reception on the ground floor.